Historic Preservation Agencies
- National Park Service
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Missouri State Historic Preservation Office
- Missouri Alliance for Historic Preservation
Historic Preservation Standards
- Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation
- Standards for Rehabilitation and Guidelines
Places of Interet
- Lee’s Summit Historical Society and Museum The LSHS museum contains maps, photographs, and artifacts from Lee’s Summit’s past. Call 816-363-9718 for hours.
- Cass County Historical Society Explore the rich cultural heritage of Cass County, Missouri.
- Lee’s Summit Historic Cemetery Explore this City link to learn more about the LS Historical Cemetery.
- Missouri Town 1885 Missouri Town 1855 presents life in rural Missouri from 1820-1860.
- R. A. Long Historical Society Site dedicated to preserving the R. A. Long legacy and the history of Longview Farm.
- Harry S. Truman Farm Home Located at 12301 Blue Ridge Blvd. Grandview MO
- Harry S. Truman National Historic Site Click on this link to visit the Harry S. Truman National Historic Site, hosted by the National Park Service, U.S. Dept. of Interior.
- Unity Village Unity Village, established in 1919, is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Lone Jack Historical Society Explore this site to learn about the Battle of Lone Jack and other historical events and places of interest.
- Freedom’s Frontier National Heritage Area Visit this site to learn more about the history that has “contributed to our national freedom.”Lee’s Summit is part of an effort of Freedom’s Frontier National Heritage Area (FFNHA) to educate the community about the events leading to the Civil War.